Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simplicity.

I've been thinking about the little things in my life that I'm thankful for. Little Shelby, my niece, got baptized yesterday and she was so excited. The talks at her baptism were so quick, simple, and to the point. I turned to my 18 year old niece Channy and said, "Gosh. I wish all talks in church were this simple. Maybe I wouldn't be so ADD during meetings". She laughed, and said, "Yeah. I'm so bad in church...I'm always looking around at people saying things like, 'I like her hair. That outfit doesn't go together, etc...'" We both laughed.

And I realized how important simplicity is.
And I remembered how much I love simple things.
Like little Shelby.

I want to be more simple. I want to be more grateful for simple things like yesterday. Last year, I wrote Thankful Posts during the month of November on my main blog. This year, I'm writing those once again, but on my Joy in the Journey blog--about my thankfulness of being 34, single, and enjoying it all the more.

I think this will help in my quest to be more simple.

3 comments:

Traci said...

your right! we need to enjoy the simplicity of everything!
thanks for the reminder!

Traci said...

oh, next time you visit my blog, look down on the left at Garrett's blog.
I would so love to set you 2 up some day!!!! Of course he is here in the east coast! Let me know what you think....

Erin said...

YES! Simplicity is the key, for real. The gospel is not supposed to be complicated. I love going to baptisms, because they really try to help the 8 year old's understand gospel principles in simple terms, and in turn help me realize that it really is THAT simple. Simple and perfect.