Saturday, December 13, 2008
Let Him In, Day 13
Individual, and one-by-one Tonight while shopping at Smith's, I heard...
"Well you don't say...it's Karen Thomas!"
And then I turned around to see--my third grade teacher, Mrs. Morgan.
I've wondered for years and years why she has remembered my name. Off an on since I was in 3rd grade, Mrs. Morgan has kept in touch with me. She sent me a congratulations card on my senior graduation from Orem High, and then called me when she found out I was teaching-just to see how I was doing with my new job. She sent me an invitation to her wedding when she got married, and then tonight she took time out of her schedule to talk with me about my life for like 45 minutes. I walked away from the conversation feeling uplifted and loved-and reminded too of how individual she has made things with me--she's always remembered me--since I was 9 years old! As a teacher myself, I hope to always remember my students...and these many years she has remembered me has encouraged me to always be personal with my students--get on their little level, and help them to feel uplifted, and loved. All because a teacher continued to care for me.... Mrs. Morgan definitely helped me to realize tonight the importance of loving as HE loves...individual, and one-by-one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it is really cool when you see a teacher from grade school. When I went to Clear Creek this year with reilly I rode the bus and the bus driver was my 5th grade teacher. Mr. Tobler. So I talked to him and he remembered all the Thomas'. Then last year I saw my 4th grade teacher Mr. Seastrand. He was my favorite teacher and we talked for like half hour. He remembered me and talked about things that happened then. It was way cool. I hope you see many students through the years. It's a cool thing. You are so cool and I know you love your job and all your kids. I love how you always talk to my kids and want to know about their lives. You truly care and give your full attention to them. I wish one of my kids were in your class. COme and teach at our school right now. And yes I remember the damnpa and damnma. That was so funny. I forgot about that. Love ya
That is sooo cool that Mrs. Morgan remembered you clear from way back when!! I know Karen, you are the kind of teacher that will be just like that! And, they will always remember you because you are such a wonderful caring teacher. You are the perfect example of what a teacher should be!
Post a Comment