I was listening to a CES fireside today while getting ready and some counsel from President Monson was so clear to me, I thought I'd share.
It's taken me a while to come to terms that we have a new prophet. Not that I doubt revelation from God or how the succession of the new prophet works...it's just been so long with President Hinckley. I have always enjoyed listening to President Monson, but now that he is the prophet, I have started to really try to see him and believe him as that.
I made this commitment this past conference that if there was ever a time he was speaking--whether it be conference, a devotional, CES fireside, etc...I would intently listen. And you know what, ever since I made that goal, I have gained a stronger testimony of him as our dear prophet.
I love President Monson. Here is the counsel....
"If you want to have that feeling within your bosom that your Heavenly Father is guiding you to the left, or guiding you to the right, instructions from this passage will help you: 'Stand ye in holy places and be not moved'. And then the Spirit of our Heavenly Father will be yours".
Perfect counsel...for me. I really needed to hear that today. Listening to a devotional/talk a day lately has really helped me to "Let Him In" more.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Let Him In, Day 12
President Monson
I was listening to a CES fireside today while getting ready and some counsel from President Monson was so clear to me, I thought I'd share.
It's taken me a while to come to terms that we have a new prophet. Not that I doubt revelation from God or how the succession of the new prophet works...it's just been so long with President Hinckley. I have always enjoyed listening to President Monson, but now that he is the prophet, I have started to really try to see him and believe him as that.
I made this commitment this past conference that if there was ever a time he was speaking--whether it be conference, a devotional, CES fireside, etc...I would intently listen. And you know what, ever since I made that goal, I have gained a stronger testimony of him as our dear prophet.
I love President Monson. Here is the counsel....
"If you want to have that feeling within your bosom that your Heavenly Father is guiding you to the left, or guiding you to the right, instructions from this passage will help you: 'Stand ye in holy places and be not moved'. And then the Spirit of our Heavenly Father will be yours".
Perfect counsel...for me. I really needed to hear that today. Listening to a devotional/talk a day lately has really helped me to "Let Him In" more.
I was listening to a CES fireside today while getting ready and some counsel from President Monson was so clear to me, I thought I'd share.
It's taken me a while to come to terms that we have a new prophet. Not that I doubt revelation from God or how the succession of the new prophet works...it's just been so long with President Hinckley. I have always enjoyed listening to President Monson, but now that he is the prophet, I have started to really try to see him and believe him as that.
I made this commitment this past conference that if there was ever a time he was speaking--whether it be conference, a devotional, CES fireside, etc...I would intently listen. And you know what, ever since I made that goal, I have gained a stronger testimony of him as our dear prophet.
I love President Monson. Here is the counsel....
"If you want to have that feeling within your bosom that your Heavenly Father is guiding you to the left, or guiding you to the right, instructions from this passage will help you: 'Stand ye in holy places and be not moved'. And then the Spirit of our Heavenly Father will be yours".
Perfect counsel...for me. I really needed to hear that today. Listening to a devotional/talk a day lately has really helped me to "Let Him In" more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your blog is beautiful Karen! I love your words, the spirit you bring to it, and the beautiful wallpaper and picture of yourself. You are very inspiring - Thank you so much for the invite to see your treasures here!
Thanks for the council and your testimony, Karen. You are an amazing and strong person. I am so blessed to have you for a friend.
I like the saying "standing in Holy places. I think the more we do the closer we come to Him. You inspire me and keep me going.
Post a Comment