Sunday, December 14, 2008
Let Him In, Day 14
Thinking... I found this awesome quote in one of my notebooks just sort of shoved in a side pocket... Don't know where I got it-but I loved it. "Writing helps us know what we think, and think what we know". I got thinking about this because tonight I was flipping through one of my missionary journals. I couldn't believe how much I testified of Christ on each page-each day. I can't believe it's been over 10 years since I was serving a mission! I felt so in touch with God in Taiwan. And as I read over the words I had written 10 years ago, I realized it was because I was writing of Him every day...it helped me to "know what I thought, and think what I knew"...if that makes sense. It does to me. I was encouraged tonight-I need to testify more of Him...in my journaling and in my speaking. And doing so, I know, will help me to really "think what I know", and Let Him In more and more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are always thinking of ways to be closer to Heavenly Father. You are amazing.
Are you really going to have some 4th grade openings at Westside? I need to call Sara. I've been looking at my options for next year and I need to start spreading the word that I'm looking so all the good jobs don't get snatched up.
I love that phrase. "think what we know." Doing my blog sure has helped me to think more and to finally get connected with my journal.
Hey, about loving your kids when you have them. I can't wait till you have kids so I can love and spoil them like you do mine. You are everyones favorite Aunt because you show love and get down on their level. Love ya and hurry up and find that man so you can get busy and have some kids.
My family has been reading the book "21 Days Closer to Christ" and in there it says to record your testimony of the Savior and I too have been thinking how I have not done that since my mission. Whenever there are questions in the book as to where I was strengthened, turned to Christ, and really got close to him I am brought to Taiwan and I wish it wasn't experiences that far away. Crazy how life takes over sometimes, but I'm impressed by your spirit and love.
I know what you said is so true. I remember that I was told in a blessing as I wrote my feelings down in my journal that all the problems in life would be able to be solved as I wrote the words and could see the answers. I know my blog has become my journal and it's true I'm happier and seeing life in a different light.
Post a Comment