Saturday, December 20, 2008
Let Him In, Day 20
Service On Friday I had a few parent helpers come to my classroom to help with our little Christmas party. One mom who helps out quite frequently said to me, "It's been a hard holiday". "We've had to ask for help for Christmas this year". It just struck me--I didn't even realize they were struggling. She helps at least 3 times a week, plus, she is extremely happy everytime she comes and mentions over and over how much she loves kids. Why don't I realize these things? And then, my sister who has been way way sick invites me over for dinner tonight and says she is just going to go buy a frozen meal and cook it up...and then I thought once again... Why don't I realize these things? I am single. I don't have to make dinner for anyone but myself. I can totally bring dinner over tonight! I'm sure that would relieve a ton of stress!! As I sat in relief society today and mulled over the lesson's thoughts...I couldn't help but realize that I need to be more aware and realize things that are happening around me--situations, people, hard times, etc.. pay more attention to the things going on so that I can do as that scripture says, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are in the service of your God"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Loved your post today Karen. I think when we are more in tune with our Savior and think more of Him we see things and hear things we might not see otherwise. Just like my last post, hearing a small song being played by a small child when there was chaos everywhere around me. I think the more we listen the more we recieve.
Man, I so needed this post. I have been feeling the exact same way! So many things have happened lately where I just think, "why didn't that dawn on me?" I get's me so frustrated that I have been so focused on myself, and not paying attention to things or people around me - especially my family. Again, thanks for posting this.
I liked this post because it's something I think about a lot....so many people just don't care about others or their lives and their situations but I liked the reminder to put others first!
Post a Comment