Dakota man
While dropping my nephew off at my sister's house last night, I had a deep thought so I'm going to share! (This is a picture of him above...in 2005)
Dakota had packed a ton of stuff to sleep over at his cousin Chandler's house and was getting it out of the trunk of my car. I was thinking...I wonder if he'll shut the trunk...or will I need to get out to help him do it? I watched him put all of the stuff back down on the ground beside the car just so he could shut the trunk. He then turned to me and said,
"Thanks so much for the ride, Karen! Be careful it's slippery!"
I don't know why that struck me so much but I was just thinking about how little he used to be, and how grown up he is now-2nd grade. I think Dakota is one of the sweetest boys in the world. I love when he comes for a sleepover-he talks my ear off, but I love it because he says the most 'grown-up' things!!
I know I've posted about this before, but I think that little kids are what help me to Let Him In the most in my life. They are so little and innocent...so sweet and pure. Perhaps that is why I teach school...and perhaps that is why I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Hmmmm...Perhaps I would trade it for my own little kids, though ;)
3 comments:
You are so right about Dakota; he just suddenly grew up. He really converses like an adult; he is quite the deep thinker! I love to talk to him; he seems older than his years!!! I love him to death!!!!
Agreed. Being with my nephews, in all of their sweetness and purity definitely help me Let Him In in my life. Thanks for sharing, Karen Louise!
Nephews are just really sweet....Cade came and hugged me today. He is 13....I'm still trying to figure out why Cole mooned all of us today though..he said it was because he got too hot from the heat lamp. Man that was a quick recovery. He still got in trouble for it!
Post a Comment