Monday, December 22, 2008
Let Him In, Day 22
Post office man
I just read this awesome scripture. I'll paraphrase it a little though, with the JST.
"Seek the Lord, if ye are willing to find him, he is not far from every one of us". -Acts 17:27
And you know what, He's not far. I saw this in action today while at the post office.
There is this cute little man that works in the Pleasant Grove office and every single time I go there, he greets each customer the exact sincere same way. Every time, he says,
"Hello, how are you doing?"
I thought about him today as I was watching each person go to him for service. He individually spent time with each customer...attended to their needs, and then wished them a Merry Christmas. So often I don't even pay attention, really, to the salespeople that I buy things from--and I forget...He really is not far from us...the light of Christ is in every single person I come across...
I should remember that more often.
I should treat people more like the little post office man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said, Karen. Another great reminder. Thanks for these posts - I just LOVE reading them. It helps me take a look at what I'm missing in my life - such simple acts with profound blessings.
You are a good writer and a deep thinker...I just keep saying it. You say the things we sometimes think about but really don't take the time to do something about it. I love these posts.
Post a Comment