Saturday, January 16, 2010
Resolves for 2010
I'm sort of falling out of the blogging habit. I seem to visit other blogs, but don't feel like my life has anything interesting enough to blog about. And I don't take very many pictures, that's for sure. Ok, to be honest, I'm sort of falling out of a lot of habits. I want to change, I truly do. That's what's so great about new beginnings. 2010 will be a great year. I'm making some resolves, right now. I made a list of goals for this year...attainable, yet stretch-able goals, and I won't share them all here, except for a few. 1. Love the scriptures, AGAIN. 2. Love Him & commit to Him, MORE. 3. Love me & commit to a better me, FINALLY. The Book of Mormon I have right now-the one I got where I returned from my mission I've read 7 times. Doesn't seem like it. How can you read something so many times and still not know everything about it? That's the best thing about this book. I love it. But I've kind of fallen out of love with it since I my experience with the graduate program at BYU. Time to dive back into it. Him...well, I feel like I've lost the commitment to Him....well, like I haven't committed like I should for the last 3 years. And that I, too, have lost connection-or fallen out of love- with Him. I need to remember why I love Him so...and come back and commit to Him again. That starts today. Me...well, lots to say there. As I sit here and stare at my thesis on my bookshelf, I'm in awe that it is finished. And in awe that 3 years of my life disappeared in that book. I feel like I got closed in the rubble of those pages...and I'm trying to dig myself out. So now that I'm out of that rubble....I'm trying to take check of who I am once again. Physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. Socially. Here is to a changed me in 2010! Happy New Year, friends & family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are AMAZING! And you always have been.
That was good stuff! Keep blogging!
Karen, I read that you held Caroline's babies and I wished I had been there with you. I love how you invest yourself in others. I love your desires, they are wholesome. When you share some of your thoughts and goals I often realize that I could and should be aiming hire, and requiring more from my efforts. You are in my heart...forever.
It's going to be a GREAT year for you sissy! Keep going after those goals:) Love you!!!
Karen, I miss you!!!! I am dying to see you! We need to get together. What do you have going on? Our schedule is very open. We mostly hang around close to home and run errands as needed. So let me know what you have open and I'll try to make it work.
You are so amazing and you are an example to the whole world. Love ya TONS!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment