Sunday, January 2, 2011

Better myself. Yep. That's what I need to do.


I'm so thankful for this new year, 2011.

I love this little clip...makes me wonder what will be inside my "0" for this year. I'm sure lots of things are in store for me.

I can't wait!

A sister in my Relief Society today mentioned that she is always one to set goals, and then she realizes she never accomplishes all of them. So she spent the time during sacrament meeting to write down all of her accomplishments for the year...and she was struck by how MUCH she DID accomplish. I am thankful for that little push she gave me to do the same. And although I won't write a list of my accomplishments down here (um, ok there weren't THAT many...;), I want to write a small list of some things I hope to accomplish in my 2011 year.

I was thinking today of a theme I could use for this brand new year. Here is my theme...thought of it myself... ;)

"2011--Work towards blessings from Heaven"

To put it simply, I know that my Heavenly Father has been waiting to pour specific blessings down on me. And, well, He has already. Lots of them. But I mean some blessings He has in store for me that He has been waiting and waiting and waiting and...waiting...to bless me with. Yes, I'll say it. I know He wants me to find someone to marry, and that He has little children waiting and waiting and waiting for me to bring them down here to earth. Know it. With all my heart.

And whether that be this year, or next year, or in 5 years, or 10, or never...I'm not sure about that.

And I trust His timing.
I know He wants me to work towards those blessings--whenever He plans to send them to me.

So, in a nutshell, here is how I'm going to work this year towards bringing those blessings down from heaven...whenever and wherever they decide to come.

Better myself spiritually.
Read daily from the scriptures. Not a set time or amount. Just READ.
Pray--lots. Remember how praying and studying in Chinese make me think deeper and learn more.
Pay my tithing. First thing.

Better myself socially.
Get out at night and on weekends.
Do stuff that brings me out of my shell. Be brave-put myself out there.
Just work 'contract' hours, and not lots of the extra I've been doing.

Better myself physically.
Exercise in some way daily.
Make better nutritional choices, daily.
Sleep...lots more than I already do.

Better myself financially.
Keep to my budget.
"Cash is King".
Seek more earning opportunities so I can play on trips on holidays and in the summer!

For some reason...I just feel like when I am trying to better myself-in any way...He will see reason and He will trust me enough, to send those blessings I so desire for, down upon me.

Happy New Year, sweet friends and family.
Thanks for making my 'years' so great...each and every one of them.
Hope your year is a great one!


7 comments:

Julie said...

Karen, you inspire me. I loved your post! Thanks for being an awesome sister and making posts like you do. I look up to you and I love you a ton! Good luck in your 2011 accomplishments and I hope to do some of them with you. Love you sis

Mary Ann said...

I love your goals because they are realistic. And I love you. I can't wait for you to receive all the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for you. You are amazing!

Bridgette said...

You are amazing!! I love reading your thoughts. I'm so lucky to be your friend!

Traci said...

great list! we have some of the same goals too! love the picture at the beginning of your post too!
here's to 2011!

La said...

Love you, Karen. Beautiful, beautiful Karen!

Let me know if you want to go hiking or something!! We can motivate each other. :)

Allie said...

good for you for setting goals...

I wasn't motivated this year! Maybeb you can be mine for next!

Carrie and Jeff said...

You always have the best goals. You inspire me.