Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update

Whirlwind.

It's kind of how I feel the last school year has been for me. I've never had such a challenging year as this one. Students have been hard-work has been overwhelming, and I've really struggled with my physical and spiritual health. I sort of dropped off the planet-hence the negligence to my blog and visiting other blogs.

I've struggled to just 'be'.

I just returned from a trip to Disneyland. I love that place. Lots. I saw so many little families there on their Spring Break vacations-and it really hit me. I really want to be a wife and a mommy. It's a deep desire I have-one I've had my whole life. I keep wondering if it really is ever going to happen for me. It's hard-being in the profession I am in-there isn't much opportunity for me to meet someone. I work with almost all women...all day. And this year will make a total of about 270 little students for me. But of course, I knew that-coming into this line of work. I am grateful for the experiences I have had, however, as a teacher. It's been such a journey for me.

But I really do want to have my own little family journey. Someday soon.

Time is slipping away...not that I am old, but, honestly, a lot of my close friends I grew up with have had all the children they are going to have at their mid-30's...and are just watching them grow up now. Anyways, spending time at Disneyland was sort of a 'millionth' wake up call for me. I want this future that Heavenly Father has promised me. I need to find out what ELSE I need or should/should not be doing to have that dream become my reality.

Here is an update on my life--4.17.11
-I live alone in an apartment complex and LOVE it
-I am the 1st counselor in Relief Society in a mid-singles ward
-I am just ending my spring break vacation and dragging my feet to return to work!
-Got food poisoning in Vegas and am recovering-so I watched 20 hours of TV on the couch :)
-I am attending BYU Women's Conference for the first time at the end of the month
-I have 6 weeks of school left until my summer break!
-Recently found out I have 'Femoro-Acetabular Impingement Syndrome'
-I am scheduled for hip surgery on May 10th-will spend my summer once again, recovering :(
-I recently found the ONLY exercise that I can do-jogging in the water with a floating belt
-I'm addicted to a new chocolate..Lindt Dark Chocolate with Chili. Mmmm

8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update! I think you are amazing, and you will be an amazing wife and mother--hopefully very soon. I pray for you every day to have your dream. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that you posted and that you finally went to the doctor and they figured out what was going on. As for the ONLY exercise you can do - it's a good one and a great workout. Many athletes have trained like that after a serious injury and have not lost anything in their training. So keep your head up. Everything will work out.

KickButtMommy said...

I love you and hope you find the happiness you want. The only reason you haven't is because you haven't been in a place to meet men. Because once they meet you, how could they resist?

Kristen said...

I simply adore you. You will be one incredible wife and mother. Thank you so much for the update. I can't wait to see you in May.

The Hunzikers said...

Hooray, you're back! You are going to be the BEST mom and wife! I hope it happens soon!

JJ said...

Don't give up hope...I only got married a year and half ago...and still no kids, (but that's kinda complicated anyway). Some amazing Guy is out there for you...just got to be a bit more patient!

Beth said...

Karen, I love you! I was going through looking for an invite to my sister in law's blog and found yours in my gmail from a while back. So now I have a few family members' blogs bookmarked and yours :). I love reading your perspective on things. I totally understand where you are coming from 100% with the wanting to move on and be a wife and mom. Don't ever give up -- he is out there for you somewhere. Meanwhile just keep being the kind of person you hope your future kids will be. <3 <3 <3

Traci said...

love reading over ur lists!
did u ever check out on my blog list- garrett's blog, he is a friend of mine who is single and lds!! i think he is fabulous and not sure why he isn't married myself, so you out ti check out his blog and tell me what u think, u can even leave me a message on facebook about it!
loves!!!