Thursday, April 24, 2014

Because of Him: My heart can feel again


My heart loved this.

My life has been missing Him for a long time now. For the past several weeks I have been working on some things to change my life. I've been in a deep dark hole for a couple of years now-spiraling downwards spiritually. A lot of specific things affected me really badly and just made me turn bitter and negative and sad. I feel a 'newness' about my life due in part because I have had a lot of help recently from some friends and family. I feel invigorated and have a desire to get my heart back in the right place. I'm so thankful for those who have taken time to listen and be there and comfort and give counsel. I feel like my life has been changed because of it.

Forever now I have been saying, "I just wanna get 'back' to where I used to be". But I've realized I want something different. Tonight I spent about an hour looking for a comment my friend Teresa once left on my blog a while ago. I finally found it... "I spent about a year of my life trying to "get back to the old me" and then discovered that she wasn't the person I wanted to be either. I really think we evolve and in many ways we can never really go back. We have what we were in the past, what we've just learned in the present and the opportunity to live life today little more in tune with who we really WANT to be in the future."

I just loved every ounce of what she said-and I really WANT to know what I WANT.
I am starting to see an 'inkling' of the new me.

Because of Him-My heart can feel again. This newness about me reminds me of Him and starting over, starting again. Finding me. Finding Him.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I just love this post! And I love you!!!

Shannon said...

Love you Karen!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're amazing Karen! Love ya tons!

KickButtMommy said...

Beautiful. Love you.