Monday, April 28, 2008
Just a thought...
Maybe it's just me...but when someone tells me that I can't do something, or they don't think I'll make it, I just want to punch them in the nose and say "Yes I can!!". And then it makes me want to try all the more harder to prove them wrong :) Yes, I do have a goal to defend my thesis on May 28th...and, yes, logically I should say--no way--seeing as I still have a long road to go. However, I don't think really it is the date that I am focused on at this point. I want to have a summer--with no more graduate program. I want to feel free of this so that I can rest from 2 years of sheer pain! So to me, May 28th is just a date---and honestly, I just may not get the date..but moreso May 28th is a goal to work to the bone, and, even if I don't get it defended that day--I will know that I have put my EVERY EFFORT into trying. So--maybe it's just me--just a thought---sometimes people say things and it lights a fire in you to prove them all wrong! So, here's to a full-blooded month of work...my goal--to work to the best that I know how, using every minute to focus on this day, even if I don't reach it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Go Karen!! Prove them wrong!!! Oh and by the way, I'm totally adding you to my blogger friends list. :)
Karen, I am so excited I found you! Great blog and amazing that you are in grad school! So impressed here! I will catch up more with you via email!
You can do it! We missed you at Hope of America yesterday. We only lost 2 kids- one of them got lost on purpose. Oh the joys.
I added you to my blog list which i check every night! I love keeping in touch...what are the chances you could get Lori T on the blog train??? That would be fun! Love your blog it's so cute and I love digital scrap booking too! Fun times!
Post a Comment