Today my 4th Graders went to the Springville track for the "Hershey Track meet"against all the fourth graders in Nebo district. I wish that I would have had something like this as a kid...it's such a great experience, and challenges kids to get active and work hard for something. Here's the thing...I enjoy teaching, I really do. Sometimes, however, I just want to be just "friends" with the little people I teach...not that I'm not friends with them already, it's just that sometimes I don't like being this authoritative figure over them--and so it's times like these that I really appreciate my job. Seeing the kids cheer for eachother and just sitting in the sun joking with them. What awesome little athletes I have! So a few of them came out with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place from our school--and all I came out with is my very first "farmer tan" of the season. Gotta love it.



2 comments:
You've got some cute kids in that class! I know what you mean about the being friends thing with your students. There are times when I have to remind myself that it's more important to be friendly with the kids than be their friend, but it can get really hard to be the disciplinarian. Nice tan, too ;) At least there was some sun that day!
I'm glad you were in sun instead of Thursday's snow storm! I love my job, too. Kids are awesome. I told Doug that with the exception of one or two, I love all of the 1300 kids I work with. He said he'd allow me that exception!
Post a Comment