Being from Utah, you would think that I have visited every historical site...but, surprise...I haven't! In fact, there are a ton of places that I haven't been! It's been a good change to go from teaching 5th grade for 5 years, to 4th...I've liked the change in that I am learning tons about where I am from--all about Utah history.
This is the Place Monument--Wow-this field trip definately was a good one...I thought for sure the kids weren't going to enjoy it--learning about the pioneers, etc...but I was surprised at how many kids said 'this is the best field trip I've ever been on!' We even got the toughest of my students to square dance,...with a girl--and he actually laughed the whole time and had fun! The kids got to see so many things that the early pioneers did as they came here--even got to push/pull a handcart!
I can't believe the year is coming to an end this week--and it feels like it just began. I look forward to having the summer to work on my thesis--and a fresh start in August with a whole new bunch of kids. That is the best thing---knowing you can start fresh with new goals and visions of what the year will be.
My first summer off of 'classes' from the graduate program...ahh. I don't even think I know what that is like...although, I will be heavily into finishing my thesis, I am glad to have a break from the rigor of being a student. Finally, I'm done!!
8 comments:
What a great day!
I din't know you had a blog I am so adding you! Are you loving teaching in Spanish Fork? That is where you are now right?
That looks like a really fun fieldtrip. For some reason I didn't know you switched to fourth. Where have I been?? You are the best teacher. Will you be done with your thesis this summer? What are your plans for next year? Staying at the same place? I'm out of the loop!
I am sooo glad you responded. I have the paper still my my safe place. You know how that goes. I loved visiting with you also. That last picture of your mission is how I remember you. Especially after wearing my wedding dress. Kee Kee Kee. Love ya tons.
hey karen...don't know if you saw my last comment, but I am excited to see you have a blog! How are things going? Are you excited for the summer?
Sounds like fun! My daughter Sadie loved it when I took her up there to see the baby animals around Easter. Its a really fun place for kids and I even enjoyed it! You sound like you definitely deserve a break this summer! Good luck with your thesis!
If I went back to the classroom, I would teach 4th grade. I love that age and I, too, love Utah history. We definitely need to have lunch this summer. We miss you!
Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Those are the best days. :)
Post a Comment