Not only is this a special day for many mothers, it's a special day for me. Today, May 11th, 2008, is the anniversary of my return home from my mission, 9 YEARS AGO! As I thought about what I could post today, and sorted through my many pictures trying to decide what single picture could capture my feelings and be worthy of a blog post, I just couldn't choose. I think anniversary's are meant to be. If it weren't for this anniversary for me today, I don't think I would have looked through all of these pictures--and had the good memories and feelings I am having at this moment. And so, despite the plethora of pictures I chose to post--nothing could really express the feelings I have for what I experienced as a missionary in Taiwan. By far, my decision to serve is at the top of my "I made a good choice" list for my life. Everything I know to be true in this gospel reminds me of being a missionary. Everything that I have learned about what is important in this life rooted from that 1 1/2 years serving the Lord. I love those people. I love this gospel. And so, happy anniversary...to me. Wow time flies.
10 comments:
that is so cool. it made me start thinking back to my mission so thanks for the reminder. i feel the same way wasn't that the best 18 months ever!
Happy Anniversary! I loved looking at all of your pictures. They are making me miss you!!! We need to get with Laura and do something like lunch or something. I know you are swamped with your master's thesis, but hey a girl has got to eat too. Check that busy schedule of yours and see if there is a time we can get together. :)
I loved those pictures! I have no doubt you were the most AMAZING missionary! You are so cute!
Karen,
"Chee quai!" Okay, that is not how you spell it, but phenetically it is my favorite line to use on native Mandarin speakers, all thanks to you. I am glad you were a missionary and that you love truth and goodness. I can only imagine the past while has been trying, I will be happy when your thesis is done. "Shea, shea" (again think phenetically or Jenn-erally) my friend for just being you.
Love the new blog back ground, looks great.
karen...i found you through the blogs of the pony people! How did I miss you this long> It is fun to see what you have been up to! Happy anniversary to you! 9years...crazy! Come check us out...
thesutterfields.blogspot.com
jonna
Happy anniversary! Can you believe how time flies? Nine years ago you were going through the culture shock of coming back to America, and now you're probably wishing you could leave and get away from all of your thesis work! We definitely need to get together, and June would be great for me- once we get the school year wrapped up and you get your thesis defended (yay!) we'll make a plan!
I bet you were the best missionary! You are so cute! I also love your background! Can you believe how fast time goes by! I hope to see you soon!
Karen...
My eyes filled up with tears when I saw you! That is so how I remember you in the days before your mission!
Where is Heather these days and what is she up to?
Thanks for sharing!
It made my day!
Happy Anniversary Karen. wow how time flies! what a trip down memory lane! you and another friend of mine recently posted about mission memories...
i guess it HAS been that long! it's been 10 years since I 1st entered the MTC. weird.
and to see Heather's photo with you. I knew her before the mission when we were both in TX in College Station! And then we were at the MTC at the same time.
Small world. I like your blog redesign too!
Love you lots! Grace
Dang this brings back memories and there are so many recognizable faces here. Do you ever hear from Carter? I lost touch with her, but keep in contact with others. Who do you still keep in contact with?
Post a Comment