Today is my first official day of summer break :) It feels like such a relief to be finished with teaching, and able to focus more upon my thesis and getting graduate school done with. Here is a picture of two of my most favorite people in the world-my roommates from Ricks college. Here we were, last August---Joanna (in the middle) and I drove to see Amanda (on the right) and stay with her after she had her 2nd cute baby, Kaila. Tomorrow, I'll be tending that cute baby and her brother Kuhio in Salt Lake while they are here in Utah to attend a wedding sealing. I can't wait to see them!
It's interesting, how even though we first met about 14 years ago, we still are just as close now as we were then. Joanna and I took the drive out there after having not seen each other for over 10 years--and yet we didn't stop talking the whole way, and still have that same bond. That's how it is, I think, with good, good friends...times don't change, feelings don't change...and it's as if time has never even passed. Taking time to catch up with all of you, my dear friends, has been such a joy for me...for it truly is, as if time hasn't passed. I love you, my friends. Thank you for being a part of my life and making it possible for me to experience the 'blogs' of your little lives.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Time doesn't change things, does it?
Today is my first official day of summer break :) It feels like such a relief to be finished with teaching, and able to focus more upon my thesis and getting graduate school done with. Here is a picture of two of my most favorite people in the world-my roommates from Ricks college. Here we were, last August---Joanna (in the middle) and I drove to see Amanda (on the right) and stay with her after she had her 2nd cute baby, Kaila. Tomorrow, I'll be tending that cute baby and her brother Kuhio in Salt Lake while they are here in Utah to attend a wedding sealing. I can't wait to see them!
It's interesting, how even though we first met about 14 years ago, we still are just as close now as we were then. Joanna and I took the drive out there after having not seen each other for over 10 years--and yet we didn't stop talking the whole way, and still have that same bond. That's how it is, I think, with good, good friends...times don't change, feelings don't change...and it's as if time has never even passed. Taking time to catch up with all of you, my dear friends, has been such a joy for me...for it truly is, as if time hasn't passed. I love you, my friends. Thank you for being a part of my life and making it possible for me to experience the 'blogs' of your little lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is amazing to talk to you after all this time. Like coming home again!
There is something special about Rick's College roommates. I have roommates from there that even after 9 years we are still as close as ever. What a great place Ricks is!
Ah, summer break is the best. Good luck with your thesis. I hope you get a chance to enjoy at least a little of the break! Maybe Laura and I could meet up w/ you and help you enjoy some of this summer break.
This is really random, but do you know what I still think of from time to time? When we went to Arizona for the Cubs game. What a great time that was! Remember when you tried to teach me how to drive a stick? Hehehehe! Ah, good times! Talk to you soon!
Karen you are so cute! i bet you are such and amazing school teacher! you are so sweet! I bet it is so awesome to have summer break to focus on other stuff...you and thomas need to stop by sometime!
Hi Karen! It's good to read your blog and see you like 4th grade. We miss you at Pony Express Elem.
Post a Comment