Things like this picture of my scriptures make me glad to know the truth. Glad that God knows me. Glad that I remember when times are tough. Glad that He knows just what I need, when I need it, and all that good stuff. I've been thinking about my necessity of buying new scriptures...you know, a turn of the new leaf thing-leaving the college days and onto the grown up days, however, I don't think I can part, just yet.
I read something I wrote who-knows-how-long-ago-at the top of a good scripture. And it touched me just as much as it did who-knows-how-long-ago. It read, "Morality and other virtues no longer seem important when a belief in God is taken away". Don't know where I got that from. But in my thesis-writing days lately when I feel it's all I know, I frequently forget God and all that He is to me-don't know why that happens, but it does. When I start feeling like He doesn't care, He doesn't know I'm here...reading something I had written and pondered from so long ago reassured me that I do start to lose sight of important virtues when I feel Him away from me-but it's because I stop believing...not Him. It's a good thing that Joseph Smith was so good and so inspired and so faithful--that at times like these, my reflections of what he translated for me is ever so important at this time of my life. Thanks, prophet.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Thanks, prophet.
Things like this picture of my scriptures make me glad to know the truth. Glad that God knows me. Glad that I remember when times are tough. Glad that He knows just what I need, when I need it, and all that good stuff. I've been thinking about my necessity of buying new scriptures...you know, a turn of the new leaf thing-leaving the college days and onto the grown up days, however, I don't think I can part, just yet.
I read something I wrote who-knows-how-long-ago-at the top of a good scripture. And it touched me just as much as it did who-knows-how-long-ago. It read, "Morality and other virtues no longer seem important when a belief in God is taken away". Don't know where I got that from. But in my thesis-writing days lately when I feel it's all I know, I frequently forget God and all that He is to me-don't know why that happens, but it does. When I start feeling like He doesn't care, He doesn't know I'm here...reading something I had written and pondered from so long ago reassured me that I do start to lose sight of important virtues when I feel Him away from me-but it's because I stop believing...not Him. It's a good thing that Joseph Smith was so good and so inspired and so faithful--that at times like these, my reflections of what he translated for me is ever so important at this time of my life. Thanks, prophet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how you wrote yout testimony here and your love of the scriptures. I know it's easy to forget the Lord and all he does for us. But I also know that he loves us so much and we can always repent and make our path straight with him again.
Post a Comment