Thursday, June 19, 2008

The "little" things

The other night I was sitting at the Orem Summerfest parade with my family and was thinking-"I wish I knew what were good picture moments...I wish I knew more about photography so that I could capture some good ones...I should take some pictures tonight" So I picked up my camera and just turned it on, looking through the viewfinder at the people passing by in the parade. When all of a sudden, I saw through my camera my little nephew Clark trying to put on Grandpa's hat. It had to be the cutest thing ever, and I was thinking...gosh I'm glad I have my camera! I started shooting pictures like crazy to try to capture this moment...it was so funny because he would NOT wear the hat forwards, he HAD to have it on backwards. He kept it on for about 20 minutes or so, just walking around the blanket, stealing sips of people's drinks, finding little treats to eat that were stuck to the blanket, and clapping as people walked by. I couldn't help but think...times like these come and go...and I miss them so frequently because my mind is occupied with so many other things...so many dumb-not-worth-worrying-over-things...I need to stop more often with a life "viewfinder" and just pay attention to the "little things" in life.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

So cute!! Glad you thought to take your camera to capture that...priceless!! :)

Carrie and Jeff said...

What a cute nephew. I seem to notice these kind of moments most often when I do not have my camera with me. That drives me crazy.

KickButtMommy said...

I love it! That is what life is all about isn't it?

loopyjulia said...

That is definitely true! Sometimes it's hard to remember the important things in life. That picture says it all!

JJ said...

Hi Karen, its been a long long time since sounds easy! blah hehe the summerfest is something I look forward to every yr. its when summer really starts!


Jill C

Erin said...

Oh boy, he's a cutie! He's also very obviously a Thomas.

Laura T said...

Such a good reminder- I get so caught up sometimes in checking things off my to-do list, that I forget to be happy about the little things. After all, those little things are the most important, aren't they? I'm glad you had your camera with you, because those pictures are adorable!

Angie said...

I love the pictures you took of Clark I'd love to have a copy of those cute pictures someday.