Sunday, July 6, 2008

Flew the coop?

It's been a while since I have posted--I've been unpacking since my move and have just now gotten my internet up and working. I always have a love/hate feeling of moving---I love fresh starts, however, I hate feeling out of place in a ward, in a neighborhood, in a home. However, this was a welcome site to my new abode...I have been watching these little birds grow from little eggs to tiny fuzzy heads to being able to see their eyes, and now, watching them take their first flight out of the nest! I have never had this experience before--but it's like they are my little family because I'm here all by myself. They are right out on my porch and I wake up to their chirping every morning. I instantly walk out to see if they flew the coop-or are still up teetering on the lamp--daring each other to "just do it!!!" All day I can hear the mommy and daddy chirping like crazy as if to say, "C'mon, you can do it!!!". It honestly has been the most warming welcome to my new place. Life is good--and this move has been great! I'll post the updates of my little birdee family!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Congrats on the move and the births of your darling baby birds.

Jenny Hatch said...

Hey sister, where'd ya go? I was hoping for a move MUCH farther east. It's okay, I am patient and I will wait for you.
Someone far far away love your guts.

Shannon said...

WOW!! Those birds are so cute! Where did you move to?

Lindsey said...

Cuuuuute! I had no idea that moved. Where are you living now?

P.S. when are we getting together?

loopyjulia said...

Those birds are way cool! I'd love that! I hope the move is a good one for you! I REALLY want us to get together soon and for you to meet my little redhead! I know you two would get along great! It's been way too long my oldest friend!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Little babies birds are so cute. I have a couple neighbors that had bird nests on their porch too.