Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A first for me!

Responding to a "tag" on the blogging is actually a first for me
So, here goes...Once you've read mine, grab your camera and have some fun. Hey, maybe even add something to the tag :)
Toilet/bathroom

I actually have two bathrooms now--one that I take a shower in, and one that I take my ritual 'calgon take me away from my thesis' baths in. If you know me really well, this actually is the best thing in the world because I have a major obsessive compulsive disorder of getting hair on my feet in the shower, on the carpet-or worse...hair floating in the bathtub!!! So, this is perfect for me....shower in one--take relaxing baths minus hair in the tub in the other :)

Closet
I'm in the process of getting used to the fact that ALL of my clothes now fit in my closet...even the 99% of the clothes that do NOT fit me at the moment.
Favorite room
This is the coolest thing about my new home...a piano room. I've wanted to keep this old piano in the family, and since my parents didn't want it nor any of my siblings, I took it on. My parents bought this piano about 38 years ago--for $600! My brothers have hated me for the many moves I have made and told me that if I moved one more time-they would NOT move the piano. So, on my 11th move---here, I had the piano movers move it. It's that important to me...and it's been fun for me to play again!! Plus, this room dubs as a piano room AND my chinese room...where I can keep all my mission trinkets :)
What your children are doing right now
They flew the coop...wow...now I'm an 'empty nester'...sad! Guess I'm going to have to wait for those kiddies in heaven....

Laundry

Lucky...now that I think about it...I have my own washer/dryer now and don't have to share with people living downstairs...that is a HUGE plus! What's nice about being single...not a ton of laundry--which means not a ton of sorting and folding!! Kudos to my mother who laundered, sorted, and folded 9 kids' clothes! Which, by the way, I remember she had a sorting basket shelf---each kid had a basket with their name on it to put our clothes in, and we were in charge of emptying it out. Smart mother!

Kitchen sink
One other HUGE plus from my move...I have a dishwasher now. Looks like I haven't quite gotten used to it yet :)

Refrigerator One additional plus from going from an apartment with a roommate to living on my own is the large amount of space in the fridge/freezer...and all the food that is mine :)
Favorite pair of shoes

I would definitely say...these pairs of shoes. The ones that are in my closet, I never wear...I especially like the fact that my little niece's flip flops are among my favorite....must be because my favorite thing about living here is that they frequently visit enough to keep a pair of shoes here!

One last thing... Need I mention more? :)

9 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

I'm so glad you did this tag. It was fun to see your house and all the great things in it. I love how you couldn't choose just one pair of shoes---it's all of them. I do love shoes and I wish I could buy new ones all the time.

KickButtMommy said...

I LOVE your place. It looks so pretty! Did you buy it? Fun reading more about you!!!

Sam and Fam said...

Ok seriously! Your home is as organized as your classroom. What a fun tag. It would inspire me to clean my house up a little so I can take pictures, hmmmm. Naw, its summer.... and the camera is broken anyway:)

Joanna said...

Karen,
It is so cool to see your new place. I am way excited for you. And I am way excited to see you! It looks like it is on for us to go and visit Amanda! YAH! Love ya, Jo

Lindsey said...

I love your shower curtain!!! Where'd you get it? I have been looking for a new one for my downstairs bathroom and can't seem to find one I like . . . until now.

You new place is so cute. Grace and I are going to have to stop by for a visit so I can see it in person.

jonna said...

ooh, so clean and tidy! fun tag!

Laura T said...

I love the photo tag, I might just have to steal this one! The new place looks wonderful, like it'll be a perfect place to relax once you have that master's degree in hand- you're so close!

Shannon said...

Wow! Your place is so awesome!!! That's great that you have a nice jetted tub. I had no idea you had a phobia about hair on your feet. Too funny!

It was great to see you at Erin's Lia Sophia party. :)

Jenny Hatch said...

Ever-so-clean-and-tidy. I've seen closets like that before...in advertisements for closet organizers. I WISH I had your ability and necessity for organization. I feel good about things if I know where Isaac is and I can find my car keys. Can I come over for a visit with you...I'll bring Cafe-Rio for dinner.