I stole this from my long time friend Heather's blog--a trip down memory lane...
Directions: Leave a comment on my blog about a memory of you and I together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, just whatever you remember.Then repost this on your blog to see who leaves comments for you! Could be fun, right?












18 comments:
That was so fun!!! I love that post!!
Just one memory?
All of Kyrie's 5th grade year! She loved you so much. I remember those girls and their petty games. And oh, how those boys could talk and talk and talk. I loved going to Hope of America w/ you. That's why we still go. I loved visiting with you at lunch. You inspired me when you lost weight. I remember the Asian themed goodbye party. And especially having to say goodbye when you left :(
You are so awesome; as a teacher, as a person and as a friend!
P.S. I almost forgot the Thriller Dance on the Faculty Variety Show. hee-hee-hee-hee-hee Who know Steve had moves?
Those pictures are JUST how I remember you. KAREN! I remember watching Watcher in the Woods and screaming NAREK NAREK. I remember playing light as a feather in Sadie Gomm's basement. I remember fighting over whose best friend you were with Chelsea. I remember going to the drive-in with you. I remember walking to the mall, the library, albertson's, and 7-11. I remember buying baby dolls like each other at Reams and everyone thought they were real babies. I also remember driving away from you in Carol's car with my mom. Juli and I in the back seat hugging and bawling watching you, Chels, and Laura hugging and bawling. Love you!
I remember you in the pony express teacher photo. good times at pony!
I remember your giggle when we were in elementary. your sweet smile and friendly wave in jr high. your great friendship in high school. ooh and all the fun we had at sounds easy!!
How funny. I just saw this on another friend's blog and I just put it on mine. That's so funny. Well, I just remember having lunch with you when we both taught at Pony. It was a very short time when we were both in the faculty room eating. I wish we would have had more time to get to know each other. But I noticed we have very similar taste in music. I like your playlist.
I totally remember you...you lived around the corner from us and your sister Joni taught me to drive a stick shift!! This is Jamie...Jill's older sister...it's so fun to see you!! Tell your fun sister I said hi!!
It's so awesome that you have all of these pics. I don't think my mom even saved any of my school pics (go figure).
My favorite memory is when we had to work on that LAME project for Stephanie's class and we ended up talking for hours and I knew we were going to be friends. It was Karma.
:0) Teresa
I'll never forget that time when you slept over and Shane was sleep walking and totally thought you were an alien or something - who knows what that was all about. I just remember you telling us about how you saw him standing next to you, with his hands together tapping you to see if you were real or something. That is STILL a family favorite moment! Seriously, we laugh SO hard every time Erin brings that up, and of course Shane always gets embarrassed. :)
I remember you, me, Lindsey, and Michelle going to Vegas over UEA and having so much fun! We stayed up and ate chips and salsa in that little Mexican restaurant in our hotel, then took a doggie bag to our room (but did we ever eat it??), watching the fountains, and giggling a ton. I also remember searching through my high school yearbook when we realized that we'd been in school together, finding your picture, and thinking, hey, I remember her!
What were the rules again? My first memory or just a memory?
If it was first then obviously China and I am not sure when..perhaps over the really creamy breakfast milk that was a must to dilute or the toaster we all hovered over??!!
And the one that reconnected us...the Nauvoo Temple! I just about died when I saw you!
And this Richardson, Texas thing on your live traffic feed is me...not someone freaky!
P.S. I really like your new digs. Very cute and I loved the birdies.
P.P.S.
LOVED the hair/clothes of your pictures.
I think I had some of the exact sweaters...and the denim shirt. And the spiral perm.
Who was in charge of fashion back then???
Karen,
I am so glad you invited us to your blog, I have really enjoyed your comments on our blog and on our girls, thanks for your support. I remember you as Heather does in those young pictures. I always loved having you girls at the house, it was so fun to see what you would come up with. Great to connect again. Tell your family hi for us!
Janice Foley
Hahaha wasn't Heather's reply hilarious?? (I found your FOUR blog requests in my inbox...sorry I'm so lame!)
*Ocolate Ips
*Tanning on your roof (hot! ouch!)
*Shasta, Chandelier, Stagecoach, and all the other horses we had...
*Fighting over who was whose best friend! (taking Heather's a bit further :D )
*Harmonizing to Wilson Phillips and making up dances to Taylor Dayne.
*TONS of other wonderful amazing childhood memories...We're SO lucky!!
Let's get Chelsa to blog to, eh? :) That would be very fun, all of us here!!
I'm loving all these pics and remembering the different eras and hairstyles. It makes me smile, because mine are very similar. Anyway I remember all our great times in China and think it is so cool that we both served in Taiwan and you got to be Jenny's comp. So cool.n You are awesome and always so nice.
Ahhhhh soooo cute! Love all the pictures. I probably did some of your hair doos when you were little. Very cute
Gotta love those pics of when someone else chose your hairstyle and your clothes! ha ha especially the strawberry shortcake and western shirt! im so excited to learn to blog thanks for letting me spy on yours and get ideas.
joanne
Post a Comment