Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thoughts of Grandma

This weekend my Grandma (84) found out she has breast cancer-however we're not too sure how serious it is until she visits the surgeon on Monday. I spoke with her yesterday and just thought I'd share some thoughts. When asking Grandma how she was doing, she said to me, "Well, life's kinda given me a little challenge, but I'll just need to learn to deal with it!" She proceeded to tell me that she had felt a prompting to go and get checked, and she followed that. She said how grateful she was to have listened to the Spirit because the doctor said that it may be in the early stages enough to have it removed. She said, "I just don't feel my time is done here on the earth Karen,...like I still have things to accomplish". Well, I'm glad Grandma, because I feel you still have time left here too...we need you here. I love my Grandma--she is an inspiration to me. The best thing about my Grandma is that I know she loves me...and that is the most comforting thing in the world to me--because I'm sure of that...there's no doubting of that...ever. Love, love, love you, Grandma
Grandma & Grandpa's engagement picture
Picture perfect memory of these two

Grandma as I know her now...(only a lot thinner!!!)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry about your grandma. What a neat and optimistic person she is. I hope everything turns out okay.

P.S. I have been meaning to email you back all week. We are leaving for our cruise on Sunday, so this week is pretty packed with getting ready to leave. What does the week of August 4-7th look like for you? I am dying to see you!

Joni said...

I'm so glad you put grandma on your blog! She is an amazing person!!! We all Love her!!
Good job on your blog! It is AWESOME!!!!

Graham Fam said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I just got your invite and want to invite you to my blog. Send me your email address so I can invite you teresalorelei@yahoo.com

Grandma F said...

Hi Karen,

I thought I had commented on this before, but I guess it was in my dreams. I think the tribute to your grandmother is wonderful. We that are grandmothers can only hope for something so nice one day.
I was so glad you had a visit with Julia and so love reading your comments on all of our blogs. I have great memories of you and your family.

Janice Foley

Julie said...

I love Grandma and it's cool you put her on your blog.