Sunday, October 19, 2008
A reminder
I've been blogless for a while now. Just busy, and feeling like my life is no more interesting than it was a day ago, a month ago, a year ago. Today in relief society we talked about weathering the storms of life. And one single phrase stuck to me...."No trial or heartache we suffer is wasted". I look back at the many times I have said, "Ok., if I can just make it through this next hour, or this moment...", or "Tomorrow at this time, it will all be over", and I really think I understand that phrase. Nothing I have been through in my life has been wasted. Trials I've suffered truly have in some way benefited who I am today. They've made me ME. But gosh it's hard to understand that and see things in perspective when you are plunging through them. I'm so glad I went to church today. I needed a reminder that I have pulled through hard things, and many of them, and will continue to plunge through them as long as I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Karen you are so cute:) Loved reading your thoughts....You are awesome!
Karen so glad to hear you made it to church! Sounds like an awesome lesson! Just remember that your time will come! There will be a time when you are truley happy and will have a break from those trials! Love You!!
I love you, girl! Thanks for the thoughts.
Oh, and I TOTALLY remember the day you broke your arm. It was so scary. I felt so sad no one believed you.
Wow Karen, that was a cool phrase. The trials and heartaches we have had make us stronger to make it through other hard times and we learn from them and we probably receive lots more blessings. Just remember you are stronger each time. Love ya
We had that lesson last week and I really needed it too. I think we all do. It's hard to be thankful for our trials, but they do make us better---most of the time.
good thoughts. thanks.
and again, those photos that shannon took are gorgeous! you're looking good!
oh...and i befriended shannon on facebook...we've been talking photo-talk... so thanks for sharing of your friend! :)
Thanks for the perspective on life and hard times, we can never get to much of it! You were right, the pictures are great! You look hot!!
We also had that lesson on Sunday. It was a great lesson. We also had a great talk in sacrament meeting that I really needed. She talked about how Satan whispers to us of our imperfections and weaknesses to make us feel guilty and lose our perspective. She urged us to believe in ourselves and to see the divine potential within us. I loved it!
I'm so glad you had a good Sunday! Those kind of days are the best, when you feel like your batteries have been charged up and you're ready to take on your life again, one moment at a time.
Karen,
I love this quote by Orson F. Whitney: "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering , toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and mother in heaven."
I started weightlifting ... oh about 2 days ago. It's hard and it hurts! I am so sore, and I think "why am I putting myself through this pain," but I know in a few weeks or months I'm going to be buff :-) The reward will come ... some day ... if I endure. And it's the same thing with trials. You'll see the results of your enduring in the way that you handle and go through life. Life becomes easier when we are stronger in character and purified in Christ. Know that we all love you, Sis!
I am sorry you are/were having some rough days.
Those aren't fun.
But I am glad you told us about it and felt like sharing.
Writing helps! Don't stop blogging!
I am sorry you are/were having some rough days.
Those aren't fun.
But I am glad you told us about it and felt like sharing.
Writing helps! Don't stop blogging!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...that was something I needed to hear. It sounds like you had a good lesson. I was looking forward to that lesson and then they called me in to teach primary last minute when a teacher didn't show so thank you!!
Post a Comment