I love my job...I really do. In fact, I think for a first time in 7 years teaching, I can say that this is the best behaved class I've ever had (Knock on wood) How important it is...to make yourself a priority. And today, I'm thankful for my ability to do that. Coming off meds I think is allowing me to see the importance of this."Hey...I didn't think teachers could miss school".
"Who says?"
"Well, because teachers have to be here to teach us".
"That is what wonderful substitutes are for" :)
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Thankful, Day 5
Prioritizing is a good thing. This weekend, I put work and school on hold to take a vacation....and that was a HUGE priority...a needed one. This was a conversation I had with one of my students when I told him I would be gone for two days on a vacation:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You have been teaching a long time. You are an awesome teacher and wish my kids could have you every year. I wish you were Reilly's teacher right now. That would be so COOL! Out of all the class rooms I have been into all these 17 years, yours is the best decorated, fun and organized I have ever seen. Maybe it's because you had your sissy's helping you. Ha Ha, no really you do an awesome job. Hey can you comment on my blog to see if it works. If it does not email me to let me know.
Good for you. I hope you have a great time. I bet you are a great teacher. If you ever want to come to good ole California for a vacation, you have a free place to stay.
Hey Karen, commenting on my blog worked. Yeah!!!!!!
What??? Kyrie's class wasn't your best behaved? hee-hee Or, how about the year you had 40 somethin' kids?
You deserved a great class this year so you can find time to take of "you" for once. By the way you are a great teacher...how many times have I found myself at your school completely in on what you are teaching the kids.HA! I'm just preparing to be smarter than a 4th grader!! Love you buddy!
Post a Comment