Sunday, November 2, 2008

Some randomness...but pretty entertaining :)

A few weekends ago, some of my good friends from my graduate program got together to attend our friend Liz's wedding reception. It by far was one of the most interesting receptions we had been to...fun, but so out of the ordinary! It was actually nice to see something done a little different.
SO we showed up in dresses....and everyone else was wearing jeans and football/college shirts-sweatshirts. And so, we felt a tad out of place...The random dancing on the 'football field' in the middle of the floor was way fun to watch. Seriously, this girl and her mom (Liz's husbands family) were way good dancers!
The best part about the whole night was that we got to see one another--and it has been WAY too long! We got to vent about our frustrations with our Theses...and re-motivated each other to buck up and get to work! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who has been struggling to get done..thanks, guys, and CONGRATS, Liz! Woo Hoo!!!

5 comments:

Joni said...

Wow! That is a very different reception but if they had fun then that what matters huh? It's always fun to get together with friends to vent and have a good time! I can't wait till wednesday!!!!!! love ya sissy

Teresa Jordan said...

How fun! I'm so sad I couldn't be there. How is Wendy doing? You guys all look GREAT! I'm going to try to come see you tomorrow at school and bring you some $$$$!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a fun night! What would we do without friends and getting together to do things. I would seriously die!

Lindsey said...

What a neat and different way to throw a wedding reception.

P.S. Did you survive the worst day of the school year (for teachers that is)?

Summer said...

that is so funny! How fun to do something different for a change! So lori has finally come over to the blogging world huh? I cant wait!