I was reading the scriptures tonight, and just felt an overwhelming gratefulness of the knowledge that I have that there is TRUTH in the scriptures...and that I never have to doubt when I read. I know that I can always turn to them for truth from God...
...straight answers from Him.
Although I've never doubted the truthfulness in the scriptures, it's taken me a while to really trust that if I just commit to read them, I will obtain answers....
peace...
comfort.
I'm thankful, for the scriptures. They fill a void in my life that nothing else can!
6 comments:
I too am grateful for the scriptures and I'm trying hard to read them. I have got to do better. Zac is determined to read the Book of Mormon and I need some of that determination too.
Amen!!!
I loved your post Karen...my dad always says...the scriptures are only boring to boring people. Of course I found that offensive when I was a teenager but now I understand what he is saying...they are PACKED with so much of what we need we just have to do our part...thanks for the wonderful reminder!!
I second that motion!! Thank goodness for the scriptures. I'm loving reading your days of gratitude - you've inspired me and reminded me to be grateful.
I think that is why we are such great friends....you read scriptures and I listen...it's a great combination!!! HA! Honestly I learn so much from you. You always have such insightful thoughts and deep feelings about the things you read...it amazes me.
Amen to everything!! :)
Post a Comment