Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thankful, Day 13

I'm behind on my thankful days...and I feel it! I have loved pondering every day what I'm thankful for...and really thinking deeply about it. I read a short but revealing sentence today while looking through the last few days of my missionary journal.
"I have had so many learning experiences here... heart openers."
Not a day goes by that I don't feel thankful for my mission to Taiwan. I remember being in the MTC and hearing Elder Jeffrey R. Holland say to us,
"Go to give. Give all that you can. Don't leave anything at the tape. Come home on a stretcher!"
I didn't understand at the time what that truly meant. But as I read through some of the trying days I had written about, I realized how much my mission was a "heart opener". I thank my Heavenly Father for every heart experience He gave me there.
It's made me a better person.
Forever.

7 comments:

The blogging Bakers said...

Your mission sounds like it was a great experience. Someday we will all have to get together so you and Robert can exchange Taiwan stories and talk Chinese!!

Julie said...

I remember hearing all about your mission in your letters and you did have a really good mission and felt the spirit so much. I'm glad you have all those memories and that they can last forever

joanne said...

I loved your entry today, I missed readiing your entries for a few days.And yes your mission has made you an awesome person...

Lori said...

I hate it when you don't post... it's like I lost my friend for a few days. I love it when you have something new up. I get all set in my chair with my fuzzy for a good cry and a read. You always have these inspiring things to write about. Your mission was such a good thing for you and I know it was probably the most meaningful thing you have ever done in your life and will do. You are always at your best when you are in the thick of helping and teaching others. I know you were a good missionary cause you were one of those who wore themselves out, leaving nothing undone, and came home really tired. You always give more than 100% in everything you do. I just love you for that...have a good sleep ...talk to you tomorrow!

Shorty said...

Wow, that was a great comment!! Your mission made you the person you are today: compassionate, caring, loving, sharing, helping, giving!! I love you with all of my heart and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent me such an awesome daughter! Love MOM

Angie said...

That's awesomw! I wrote today that I'm grateful my little sis is coming home on Dec. 24th!!! Missionaries are awesome!!!

Joni said...

I can still remember the day you left, the day after Madison was born! I know you were an awesome missionary! You are such a good person, sister, and friend! I love you!