The medication I've been on has almost found itself completely out of my system. Today, I didn't have the "niggies" at all in church! Funny thing, our family gave"Restless Leg Syndrome" this little nickname millions of years ago...I think we were the ones that invented this disease that plagues hundreds of thousands of people now. For as long as I can remember, we have always had...the niggies.
Don't quite know where the nickname came from....but it totally fits! Throughout the whole of church today, I found myself keeping my legs completely still...and it was so noticeable that I frequently just stopped and thought about it, waiting for the niggies to start...but they didn't. Maybe the meds I've been taking for so long made them worse! Anyhow, I'm thankful that I had at least one day where I didn't feel the creepy crawlies in my legs, and could focus :) Thankful, Day 22 Going from a singles ward to a family ward has been quite rough. I don't know quite how to explain it, other than I sort of feel alone in a way. Today I found a single friend in Relief Society...and, she didn't ignore me...and I didn't ignore her...we talked. It was nice. I'm thankful that for a few minutes she made my space in this ward bearable...thanks, Terri! Thankful, Day 21 Twilight. Went to see it, loved it. So I'm not saying I'm thankful for Twilight, but I was reminded of when I read the book...and that instead of watching t.v., I read a book for a few nights...so seeing the movie reminded me that I need to read more...a lot more. I love reading. And I think I forget sometimes how much I really do. I am not the kind of person who likes the Twilight type of a book...fiction is hard for me. I want something REAL. But I did like it, just for the fact that it made me use my mind instead of just letting my mind be entertained by t.v. Anyways, the real reason I'm thankful is because some of my most favorite books have been true stories...about REAL topics...hurtful things, happy things, sad things,...interesting things...I just love REALNESS, and I'm thankful for authors who write about real topics, even though it may be hard and painful to do.
7 comments:
I agree with you on that! I did like the movie though. I enjoy reading now and I never knew I did until your mom let me borrow her Anita Stansfield's books. Now I'm completely hooked!
You are playing catch up! Glad you met someone today! I whish i had more time to read! I have like 49 books waiting for me!
I need to do catch up too...I didnt do anything yesterday and had family here all day. Only a few more days of the "thankful" blogs and then Im going to have to take some time off and go in for some therapy for my blogging addiction. I wonder if there is some kind of medication for it...HA! talk to you after work! Hurry and get done! PS I love what you write about.
I need to get busy and read some of the books I have that I haven't read yet! I've always loved to read; got that from my mother. So glad that some of my daughters love to read and I'm so proud that Angie has fallen in love with reading!!!!!
I love this idea of thankful days! I read on facebook that you have pushing deadlines with your thesis, how's that going?
I need to read the last one. Is it good? Wish I could get rid of the niggies. Where did we get that name? I think Shelley made it up.
Man, I didn't realize that's what you were on meds for. I get those every once in a while when I'm really, really tired. I'm glad that being off the meds has helped you.
Did you like Twilight? I did! I too love the realness of books, or movies of true stories. I think they help us see that everyone in life has trials, goes through sad times or happy times.
I'm thankful you're my friend, Karen!
Post a Comment