Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful, Day 24-27

I'm off of work this whole week...so you would think I would be blogging every second, doing my thesis every other second, and accomplishing all of the projects I wanted to do with any spare second...

But, no.

Sometimes things don't go as you planned...here's catch up...

Thankful, Day 27

Thanksgiving Day
What a great day...I feel like I am most thankful for this chance to blog thankful thoughts in preparation for Thanksgiving Day...it's prepared me in a way, much more than ever, to really dig deep and think about what I am truly grateful for.
I love being with family and loving my little nieces and nephews. They are sooo cute, and I always feel loved by them...especially with lots of hugs ;)
Thankful, Day 26
New starts
My life has been full of new starts.
My first job-Sounds Easy Video/Pizza.
Being on sports teams in high school.
Ricks College.
China to teach English.
A mission to Taiwan.
BYU.
My first teaching job and buying a condo.
Graduate school at BYU once again.
A new job location and a new grade level.
A new home.
Every new start brought new feelings, new experiences, new trainings about life, new friends, and a love of life. I'm so grateful, for all of them. They've brought joy to every part of my life.
Thank you, Heavenly Father!
Thankful, Day 25
The Temple
It's been a while since I have been in the temple. I'm going to go in the next two weeks to see my nephew get married, and I can't wait.
To be honest, the temple reminds me of being on my mission. I didn't have to worry about anything when I was there...only teaching the gospel.
That's exactly how I feel when I am in the temple...only when I am in there, the only thing I worry about and think about and focus on... is learning the gospel.
I love it, so much.
Can't wait to go.
Thankful, Day 24
My health.
It's not great right now, but it used to be. I used to workout like crazy, and was in great shape.
Not so much now.
But the thing I AM thankful for, is that I have a healthy 'spark' in me...a desire to always want to be doing better at what I am for my health. To be eating better than I am, and to be in better shape than I am.
I don't know how long this spark will stay with me, but I sure hope it always does...and that the spark that's there right now turns into a flame and I can get some of this weight off!!!

2 comments:

loopyjulia said...

I loved your blog! You are very blessed and I feel blessed to have you in my life although I am not the best at keeping in touch! I know that if I ever needed to talk you would be there for me! I have the week off work too! Its nice huh? Happy Holidays my dear friend!

Jana Whetton said...

You are the sweetest and the kids that you teach are so lucky to have you! I am with you on Thankful Day 24!! I told my husband that for Christmas I want a HUG knife and a HUG vac to cut and suck my fat off! But the only way is the hard way! I am tired of the friction between my legs! Sometimes I think my pants are on fire!! I feel like my cheeks are going to pop and my lips are full of Botox. Anyways if it kills me I am going to get 50-55 lbs off of me!! You motivate me.. I know you are going to tell me to put a cold rag on it and get over it =) the cold rag will help out with the fire. Ha Ha