Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful-Day 8

This morning my mom and my sister Joni and I went swimming. I was watching the cutest little girl debate on whether or not she should get in the hot tub. She kept dipping her feet in, and crying when her sister tried to pull her in. I suddenly had a flood of memories of all of the little kids I have known and loved in my life...specifically my nieces and nephews. Of course, this post only has a FEW pictures of a FEW of them (I have 33! And the oldest is married and expecting one of his own!) These pictures of course were taken many many years ago as they were small babies (I guess I need to update my pictures folder!)
I have so many memories of tending them when they were this small. Coming from a large family with 8 siblings, and being the youngest girl, I was often priveledged to watch them and take care of them-sometimes just for a few minutes, a few hours, over weekends, and sometimes just at family events/parties where I held them and played with them. I still do that...and I love it. I am so thankful for my nieces and nephews....I love them with all of my heart...all of them! I can't wait to someday have some of my own little ones.
Aren't these just sweet faces?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Karen, you have always been such a positive influence in my kids' lives. My boys loved it when you watched them while we were at Girls Camp and many other times. As they have grown into mature adults, they often comment on what a great person you are and how you have been an awesome example to them in their lives. They treasure the letters with spiritual encouragement that you sent to them on their missions. McKay said that oftentimes, your letter would arrive on a particularly hard, tough day; and that it was always just the encouragement he needed to keep on keeping on. Thanks so much for your love and nurturing--you are more than an aunt; you are a second mother to all of your nieces and nephews!

Julie said...

Yes you are a second mother to all the nieces and nephews. You are awesome. You always give them hugs when you see them and want to talk to them and you are so interested in their lives and what they are doing. You are a wonderful Aunt and one that I always want to be like. You are the role model Aunt and one I wish I could be. Thanks for always loving my kids and being a part of their lives and being a wonderful example to them. They all love you alot.