Monday, December 1, 2008

Let Him In, Day 1

I've decided that since my thankful posts really helped me to be more aware of the many blessings I have in my life-like I never have before...
I'm going to do it again.
Now, no pressure here...I'm not tagging anyone-whatsoever. This really, is just for me.
The other day I came across the phrase, "Let Him In". Now I don't know if it was in the famous Michael McClean song, or on t.v., or on the radio, or wherever,...but somehow the phrase caught my attention. I had just finished up my thankful posts for the month of November, and was kind of thinking about what I was going to do with all of this spare time on my hands from not-blogging so much. And then I realized, nope...I think I need to make this holiday special, just for me.
And if no one but me reads my posts, well then that's ok with me....because honestly, I just want to enjoy the holiday...and make it meaningful. So I have decided to make some room,...for Him. I want everyday to take notice to things I am doing, or not doing--to people around me, situations, experiences,...and decide how I can take what I see or experience this month and change myself a little...let Him in a little more. Hopefully throughout this journey this month I will find myself more involved in Him, and more devoted to Him.
So today's post...is Patience.
I was sitting at the bank at a customer service representative's desk, and she was getting some things printed off for me that I needed--but I needed them a lot quicker than she was actually doing it...and I found myself quietly saying in my mind, "Really? Does this really need to take as long as it is taking? I could do this myself in 2 minutes! Hand me the computer, I'll do it!"
And then I remembered the goal I have for my posts this month. The word "Patience" came to mind, and I started to think about all the things I could be doing instead of complaining....I could talk to her while the computer was taking 49 years to do what it needed to...I could get to know her more. I could thank her for staying open 5 more minutes just for me, while the other customers were turned away because it was 6 p.m.
I could have done a lot of things differently. But I didn't.
But I left telling myself, "I need to let Him in a little more tomorrow....I need to be more like Him."
Patient.

7 comments:

Cindi said...

The phrase "Let Him In" is in the Forgotten Carols song sung by the Inn Keeper. I have always loved that song and often pondered its meaning. Can you imagine being the Inn Keeper and finding out that you turned your Savior away? I love your idea of using it to blog.

Jenny Hatch said...

I want to be like you. You inspire me sweet Karen. And you make me laugh...and so does your friend Lori. Oh dear, I nearly wet my pants. SO in my mind I have it planned that we go to the Ellen show after you graduate. You in?

karen louise said...

Oh Jenny Beth...yes, of course I am in!!!!!!

Julie said...

Love the idea! I've got to do something. It's already Dec 4th. Maybe today I can do 4 posts if I'm home today.

Lori said...

Hi there... Hey some blogging help is needed from the King again so text me.

I like your idea by the way for December. It's so you...I can just hear you saying "My New Thing Is"... it's just so you to find new ways to make everyday better, to always be improving your life. I think that is why its so fun to hang out with you. Everyday always brings some new surprise and adventure. I'm excited for what you write. It's just my friend!

Joni said...

What a wonderful idea Karen!! I think i will do the same! Our lives would be so much better if we would just let him in, and become more like him! You are a wonderful sissy and i love you so much! Now, don't tell me to put a cold towel on it! lol!

Shannon said...

I have loved reading your "Thankful" posts and I know I'll love reading these "let Him in" posts even more. You should compile all of these when your done, make it into a book of daily experiences you've had as you find more ways to let Him in. You're amazing, Karen!!