Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let Him In, Day 10

Encompassed about
So I started a new workout program.
Literally, I think I'm going to die.
I didn't realize how many of the muscles I have NOT been using over the past several, several months of NOT exercising! At work, I had to ask one of my students to pick up something every time I dropped something, or needed to get something...and I'm sure they were thinking, "Gosh, my teacher is really old-she can't do much!"
So when I returned home at around 6 or so, I was so tired, that I was just about ready to go right to bed for the night. It's all I could think about.
Several months ago, my bishop counseled the ward to read the scriptures for an hour a day-and how doing so would help combat sin, temptation, and depression. So I've tried that. I haven't made the goal every day. But the days that I did do that, I did feel a sense of strength greater than my own.
Just as I was about to go to bed, (Yes,-6 p.m. I say) I just knew I needed to read. I'm glad I did. In fact, I always am glad when I do. Something always sticks out, and then I'm grateful I listened.
"...therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters. And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow towards the promised land while they were upon the waters..."
That just stood out to me. To know that the trials I have are never going to 'cease to blow' my way, but the Lord will always 'bring me forth again upon the top of the waters'.
So maybe this doesn't have anything to do with my sore muscles, but today it made me feel like no matter what I go through, He knows, He understands,
...and He will help me out.
I want to always make room for Him in my inn every day through the scriptures.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love that. I really need to read my scriptures and the only time I do is durring the sacrament. I know, I am bad. I think I will put my scriptures out where I can see them and maybe I will read more. Thanks again for all your positive posts. I love to read them.

Lori said...

It's true you receive more out of reading the scriptures than anyone else I know. I wish I was more like that. Do you need me to come down and unplug your Christmas lights at your school again today. HA! Love you have a good day, talk to you tonight!

Carrie and Jeff said...

You are such a wonderful example. I need to read my scriptures more. Hey, you asked where I live so you could come see my lights. I live in Lehi behind the Lowe's. It's easy to find if you want to see it!

Shannon said...

Great reminder to make sure I'm reading my scriptures each day. I also hear it helps with weight loss...lol...I haven't been doing good on the reading thing and I definitely notice.

What is the exercise program you're on?

Joni said...

I should have been reading my scriptures the past 2 day iv'e been in bed sick! It's true that we can become closer to him if we can just spare a few minutes a day and read our scritures!

Joanna said...

You are soo awesome Karen, I was laughing really hard at your really old comment and that your students had to pick up stuff for you because you were too sore. That is funny. That has happened to me too!!