Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Let Him In, Day 9
Selfless As I was standing in the longest line of the century at the post office today, a girl was using her cell phone to call every single person on the planet! It was one of those times when you get annoyed at people because they talk so loud--and you almost feel as if know the person by the end of their conversation because you hear every minute of it! Well, I decided to not be annoyed at it, and just 'listen in' :) What I took from her little conversations was a great lesson. For the most part, the people that she called, she left messages on their answering machines. But every phone call she made, she ended with, "I just hope things are going well for you-I've been thinking about you a lot, I hope you are doing ok...and just want to tell you how much I care and love you." I don't do that enough. In fact, I usually don't tell people that-and never on the phone...I think I need to do that more often. And not even just saying the words, "I love you", but just being concerned about the other person...and not think about myself so much. She was selfless, I think that's how I would describe her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's kinda cool when you stop and listen or just watch people. You learn alot. I love doing this and taking the time to think about things and people around me. I love it!
I love reading your blog. I'm learning you are a thinker...and have such a good way of expressing them in words...Maybe that's why you are a teacher.Everytime I read what you've been thinking about I realize I need to slow down and take the time to learn, apply lessons i've learned and why i'm really here on this earth...Have you got a little tree for yourself, or any plans for Christmas?I bet you are counting the day till school is out!!I remember working in the school, the kids were wound up on sugar, and it was party after assembly, after concert, it was so nice to see that half year mark come to an end...
I totally agree Karen. It really is so easy to get wrapped up in our own lives that we forget that there is a big world out there. THat is a good lesson. Thanks for sharing
Thanks for shareing! I'm getting better at the I love you stuff! love you sissy!
Karen Louise, I love all of these thoughts you are adding lately. So appropriate for this time of year. Love you mucho!
Post a Comment