Compassion
Today while I was driving to work, I was listening to a Hilary Weeks CD that has piled up dust in the last two years or so. I completely have forgotten about this song. I know this version is not the Hilary Weeks version (my most favorite), but in all reality, just the words hit me today.
As I listened, I couldn't help but think of my "Let Him In" posts...and the words meant a whole lot more than they ever have. I just hope that I can open my heart more and watch for people around me who are so less fortunate, and that I might notice more often those who are "Not too far from here".
Hi there...I have been catching up reading all of your posts this morning. I loved this one today cause of all of the songs I have heard at the church this is the one with the words that ring so true for me. Over the years as I have tried to help others in their lives this song always has come to my mind. In the last RS presidency I served in I was told I would be the balancing effect that would always point the presidency back to the heart of those we served. I remember it was my turn as a counselor to come to our meeting with a thought and I brought this song. That whole meeting I felt like it was mulling thru all the downfalls and the tragedies of the sisters and why aren't they doing this and that...then I was asked to give my thought and I played this song and spoke about the heart of the sister and that it wasn't our place to judge but to lift. It was good cause it was never the focus again and we served with understanding and a helping attitude rather than a frustrated one over people's failings....so this song is a tender one for me!
Love this song. Sometimes I forget to look at your blog. I kept looking at your blog since you started this, then I didn't for one day and wah la you have like 3 new posts. With your blog being private it does not show when you have a new post. Love reading your post, they inspire me.
2 comments:
Hi there...I have been catching up reading all of your posts this morning. I loved this one today cause of all of the songs I have heard at the church this is the one with the words that ring so true for me. Over the years as I have tried to help others in their lives this song always has come to my mind. In the last RS presidency I served in I was told I would be the balancing effect that would always point the presidency back to the heart of those we served. I remember it was my turn as a counselor to come to our meeting with a thought and I brought this song. That whole meeting I felt like it was mulling thru all the downfalls and the tragedies of the sisters and why aren't they doing this and that...then I was asked to give my thought and I played this song and spoke about the heart of the sister and that it wasn't our place to judge but to lift. It was good cause it was never the focus again and we served with understanding and a helping attitude rather than a frustrated one over people's failings....so this song is a tender one for me!
Love this song. Sometimes I forget to look at your blog. I kept looking at your blog since you started this, then I didn't for one day and wah la you have like 3 new posts. With your blog being private it does not show when you have a new post. Love reading your post, they inspire me.
Post a Comment