Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let Him In, Day 17

I have a nephew whom I think is amazing.
He got married yesterday-and the sealing was so awesome.
I've never been to a sealing quite like that before. The sealer spoke specifically about ordinances in the temple. I learned so much just listening. But I think I learned even more just watching McKay. He's always been a person that has paid attention to little details...and I've always loved that.
As the sealer spoke to him about how he should cherish his wife, I couldn't help but think of what an amazing man McKay is...and how I know he will follow everything to the "T"...you could see how intently he was listening, and taking mental notes.
I enjoyed being in the sealing room--and am so happy for McKay and Jennifer. I enjoyed seeing tears in his deep blue eyes and I couldn't help but think of the importance of being worthy in the temple...in the Lord's house...and how good it was to be there. I felt close to HIM today.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I ditto all that Karen. Being there in the Temple, listening, feeling, crying, and feeling so much love. McKay is such a neat person and I feel I have a son just like McKay. Mic is a lot like McKay in a lot of ways. I enjoyed every min of being there. It was a nice, very nice day

Shorty said...

Karen, I too felt like it was such an awesome sealing. I've never heard such a beautiful talk to a couple getting married. And, I watched McKay the whole time; he was totally listening clear down into his soul. I loved seeing tears in his eyes because you could tell that he was feeling every word the sealer said to them. He will be an awesome husband!

Shorty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.