Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Let Him In, Day 3
Perseverance I saw this quote on a wall hanging while I was sitting in a collision repair shop today. Not quite sure why it was hanging there in that shop...but I was glad for the reminder: "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow". You know how sometimes, you hear something, and then you hear it again somewhere, and then again-maybe somewhat twisted or different-but generally the same meaning....that's what this was for me tonight. It seems like every time I try to conquer a trial or sift through some emotional stuff, or, well...just try to be better at something, I always come back to the meaning of this quote that I have heard from all sorts of people. So I want to persevere a little more...I think that's one way to "Let Him In"--I need to stretch beyond my stretching ability, work harder and better hours on my thesis, work out better and harder (like Biggest Loser hard), put myself out there in the single scene a little more (ugh), and well--just love beyond how I love right now. And persevere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are so good to do all of these daily reminders. You'll be so glad you wrote all of this down. I miss you! Let's get together next time I'm in UT, and you can meet Paige. I'm thinking it will probably be sometime in January.
Hey that's what I need to do because I'm making a journal from my blog. 17 pages so far. Daily reminders would be good.
Hey Karen, everything you wrote made me cry! You are so awesome and I hope I can do this as well on my blog. You are truly an inspiration to me!
What a great quote, (I think I'm going to hang it on my fridge) and what a great reminder. I love these posts of "let him in". You're so inspiring, Karen. :)
I love reading your posts. You are such a tender heart...thats why I just like hanging out with you so much cause this is who you are and how you think. I have missed you all week we have got to get together and chat.
Post a Comment