Thursday, December 4, 2008
Let Him In, Day 4
Children I was at my sister Shari's house tonight and her two youngest, Chandler & Ashley came up to me and straight-away gave me a huge kiss. I didn't even have to ask! I was thinking about this, and I started to think about all the kids around me--my students & all of my millions of nieces and nephews--and I realized that I want to be more like them: Christlike, loving, accepting, forgiving, and so many other things. I don't know if I quite understand why we go from this loving accepting little child, to this unloving-unaccepting adult...where and when does this change actually take place? If I could, I would turn back the clock and find that exact moment where I changed, ...and then change back. But after getting these two kisses today, I realized that I can do that right now....I can love like these two little kids...and all it takes is just a step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so true. All I think about now is how to let Him in. I do it all day long now. I thought about it all day while I was working for 15 hours. I'm glad we are doing this and thanks, it will be fun to read each others.
I think that change happens in 5th grade!!!!
I guess I see you differently. I feel like you never have lost that zest to always think kind thoughts about people and forgive and make every person you meet feel like they are your best friend. I always admire how well you treat others!
Post a Comment