Saturday, December 6, 2008
Let Him In, Day 5
Becoming like a child We were coming in from afternoon recess today and one of my little girls, Alisa, was bawling her eyes out. When I asked her what was wrong, through her crying breaths she stated that some girls had called her bad names and made fun of her. I asked her if she believed what they said to her, and she said, "No, but it made me feel really really bad!!" I told her, "Well then, what they said isn't true...you know it, and I know it. So, let's just completely ignore those liars!" As we walked in the door, I looked back and little Alisa was being comforted by two other girls, Maricruz and Danielle.... "Alisa, don't even listen to them. You're a good person, and you are not what they called you". She went in with a smile, and I didn't see tears the rest of the day. I wish sometimes I could be more like a child...Alisa taught me today that I need to just let things like that roll off of my shoulders, and carry on with no tears and a smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Karen you are so good at doing this. I will catch up today or tomorrow. I love doing this cause it's always on my mind. I wish I could be more like a child too and just forget things and let things go. Haley has a saying that I absolutly love. It is... "I'm over it." I love that and I find myself thinking of that phrase more and more every day.
Karen I just looked at your last post and it said 4:25 am. WHat the.....? What in the heck are you doing up that late? Get some rest woman!
See that's what I mean what teacher would even take the time to ask a little kid what was wrong. Most of them would be in the teacher's lounge complaining about all the unrational things their kids do all day. You really are different...and it's good!
Post a Comment