Awareness
Yesterday I attended my friend Jacques's wedding reception out in Saratoga Springs. I need to post some feelings I had driving out there...
I used to live in Eagle Mountain (near Saratoga). One of my favorite things was watching the sun set and seeing the skyline and the thousands of stars at night. It's almost there as if there is no one out there but you and nature...and it always brought an immense calmness to my heart!
As I drove out there last night, once again I could see that beautiful sunset and feel the serenity I so often felt. I immediately felt peace inside. It's like everything just stopped and I was able to feel. SO many things happened in my life while living there for 4 years...good, and bad. But as I looked at the skyline I was reminded that everything that has happened in my life has brought me closer to God--and more aware of how He truly cares for me.
I want to please Him...and let Him more into my life and be more aware of his hand in every moment of my life. This is a good month to do this!!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Let Him In, Day 6
Awareness
Yesterday I attended my friend Jacques's wedding reception out in Saratoga Springs. I need to post some feelings I had driving out there...
I used to live in Eagle Mountain (near Saratoga). One of my favorite things was watching the sun set and seeing the skyline and the thousands of stars at night. It's almost there as if there is no one out there but you and nature...and it always brought an immense calmness to my heart!
As I drove out there last night, once again I could see that beautiful sunset and feel the serenity I so often felt. I immediately felt peace inside. It's like everything just stopped and I was able to feel. SO many things happened in my life while living there for 4 years...good, and bad. But as I looked at the skyline I was reminded that everything that has happened in my life has brought me closer to God--and more aware of how He truly cares for me.
I want to please Him...and let Him more into my life and be more aware of his hand in every moment of my life. This is a good month to do this!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That sounds really good right now, just to drive, see the sunset, and the stars appear and feeling the quiet calmness. And eat chocolate at the same time. MMMMMM. I love doing these posts and reading your posts too.
Karen you are such a sweety. I love reading your heart felt words and I also love sunsets as well. The colors some nights are so vivid and strong. Thanks for your kind words! You guys figure a weekend in Jan so we can SCRAPBOOK OUR HEARTS OUT! You will have to ask Shell which ones work with her!
Have a great week!
Karen I just got caught up on your blog after way too long! I love your Let Him In posts!
I enjoy the sunsets out here everyday and feel many of the same feelings you do. Thanks for the reminder.
I love reading all your 'Let Him In' posts. They are very insightful and lift my spirit. Thanks.
ooh you and I share the same love for city lights. It's true that you do feel like you're the only one out there looking at everyone, like our Heavenly Father does.
It's fun reading these posts cause it makes me think of my own life and experiences that have touched my life in the same way. There is something about the dark and the night sky that is so peaceful. It brought me back to a time in my life that was really hard and I was told to enjoy the beauties of the world around me. I would constantly picture in my mind the clarity of the night sky back home in Canada where every star is bright and visible. I could sit on the porch and the air was crisp and clean and I could hear every little cricket chirping around me. Then to the north I could see the wavy blue green lights of the Northern lights and it was just something I miss from home, it's just so beautiful!
Post a Comment