Thursday, January 8, 2009

2 months...endure....

I worked really hard on my thesis over the holiday break.
And...oh...it felt so so good.
There's something about doing and getting goals accomplished-that makes me FEEL accomplished.
I am planning on finishing and defending my thesis at the end of February. I may just be a hermit until then (I apologize upfront to all of you and wish I could spend more time with you!)...I have, I mean HAVE to get it done. For those that were in my BYU master's cohort these past 2-3 years, you all know what I mean. This thesis has been a never-ending nightmare-one I wish to have out of my life completely and entirely.
But two months...I can do it. I can last 2 more months, and then be able to enjoy my life--free of stress from deadlines, professors, and editing criticism. It has sure shot the self-esteem down, I tell you that much!
And so, much faith and prayers are needed...that I can do this...that I won't have to push back or set any more dates to finish....but that this will be the final one. And that I will find the words, references, and the courage to finish this baby!
Go cougs! :)

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You can do it!

Cindi said...

I know you better than that--you'll find something else to stress over!!!!

Lindsey said...

You can do this!!! I have complete faith in you. Than when you do you will get party. We'll have to grab Laura and go out for one major celebration!

Julie said...

You go girl! You are so awesome and have done so many things in your life. I really admire you and that you have done in school. You are way ahead of me in that area. Everyone around me is getting smarter than me. I feel lost. You can do this and I bet it's going to be awesome! By the way I have now watched Mamma Mia for the 4th time. I totally love it!

Lori said...

Keep chipping away at it and I am looking forward to you putting it behind you and celebrating! Only 2 more things to finish after that. I'll keep praying for you every night. See you at the end of February and a few breaks here and there. Go Go Go....thisis....thisis time! Which one of your kids was it called it a thisis! Ha..that is the funniest!

Teresa Jordan said...

Oh Karen,

I feel the pain in every word you write. I am just starting to collect data. I still cannot imagine my life without this thesis hanging over my head. I'm glad that you are getting closer. My goal is still to walk with you guys in April! It's a stretch, but I'm working toward it.

Love ya! You can do it!

Shorty said...

Karen, you will do it! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!! Yep, you can!!! Our whole family will have to celebrate big when you get it done!!! You've gone farther than anyone in our whole family in school! You should be so dang proud! I am so proud of you!!!!

Shannon said...

Go Karen - Power through this!! Maybe Erin and I will stop by and bring you something yummy to munch on while you're busy working away on that thesis. :)

The blogging Bakers said...

Karen- that is such a huge accomplishment. You have to be so proud of yourself. Good luck with finishing it. You will deserve a huge vacation when it is over. San Diego maybe???Just think free lodging:)