Friday, January 30, 2009

22 Days-Pray for me!

I've been so neglectful at blogging! I'm frantically trying to finish my thesis...but I'm thinking of all of you! It's just that this thesis is the only thing on my mind...I'm not being successful anywhere else! :(
I have had a few people ask, what IS a thesis? For those who care to know, it is kind of like writing a research paper your wrote in high school or college, but x1000!!!
And again, for those who care to know, I did my thesis on: Science and Literacy. What I did, was I implemented a literacy program into my science instruction. I taught kids how to pay attention in a text of the way an author writes---so say, like in Science, authors write in a bunch of them, one of them being "Cause and Effect". The author will use key words that you can catch on to to help you better understand and map out in your mind what you are reading, like, "____ caused ____, or as a result of _____, this happened...", etc.
So now, where am I at? Well a thesis is 5 chapters long. How many pages? It depends. Mine has a lot of appendixes, so so far--it's 230 pages.
Chapter 1: An introduction to some literature and your research...your proposed questions.
Chapter 2: A review of all the literature that has been written about your topic.
Chatper 3: Your research.
Chapter 4: The results of your research.
Chapter 5: Conclusions of your research.
I have written the first 3, and I'm going to be finished with the 4th this next week. After that, I'm on the quick stretch to finish chapter 5! Woo Hoo!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hey!! Good luck. We missed you these past few days!!

Julie said...

Wow! Now I know what a thesis is. That's alot of pages. I bet you are so dead tired of it. You are amazing and have accomplished so much. See ya in a few hours. Love ya

KickButtMommy said...

You are amazing and I know you will rock it!