Sunday, February 15, 2009
Setbacks...
So, it's going to take a little longer to get my thesis finished. Because of misunderstandings, miscommunications, and a whole bunch of other reasons...it looks like Feb 20th won't happen...I wasn't ok with it at first, but have slowly felt like it's ok, and it will get done...just not by my deadline (once again). Thank you for all of the prayers you have said for me and continue to say for me! This thing will get done...for sure by the end of April at the latest...if not, sooner. I had my pity party yesterday...I spent 12 hours on the couch watching season 3 of The Office and eating chocolate...now, it's time to get back to work. I found this quote today in a Dove chocolate I ate at church....it pertains a LOT to me right now... "Do not look back and ask why, look forward and ask, why not?" I feel like maybe some extra time will allow me to not kill myself mentally and looking forward and asking the "why not?" will really allow me to understand why some things happened like they did, and maybe learn some things I may have missed had I not had this extra time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good luck...it can be so frustrating when we have a plan in our head for things to be one way and we are forced to take another...I know that feeling all too well...hang in there...you'll be celebrating for sure when it's all over!
That's too bad! I have never seen such sorrow. Ha Ha..sayings from Mamma Mia. Karen I really like that quote, and I'm sorry that it did not turn out by that date, but I like that quote and it's good to keep saying that to make things better. You are still in my prayers. Love ya
I'm sorry about your setback. The office and chocolate always make me feel a little better. Laughter does wonders!
Yay for the Office and Chocolate (especially if it's Dove). But sorry for the setback. I"ll continue to pray for you, Karen! :)
Look at you. You've always been a determined person. Set backs are extrememly frustrating, but positive self-talk can make a world of difference. Good luck, Karen. Your doing it.
I'm sorry Feb 20th won't happen, but it will happen one day. I've been watching Season Three of The Office as well, and at least there are some things that can cheer you up no matter what. Hang in there!
Hang in there! I am so sorry that things aren't going as planned. But I really think things will turn out better than ever expected. Good luck! You are amazing!
its OK...i always like the quote by pres Hinckley and seem to find myself saying it over and over in my head when days are tough...."things will work out...be believing...things will work out"...there is a lot more to it but I like this part...it gives me hope. In the end we will look back on it and just be satisfied with the end result. I will be so glad for you to be done and have this goal finished. It will be great!
Post a Comment