Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rest & Recover Day 2

Rediscover who I am, spiritually.
Ok, so I know this isn't a 'summer project', but it's a beginning to something that I feel like has been lost. I was talking to one of my graduate professors today and she asked how I was doing after just finishing my thesis...
"What are you doing with all your time?"
To which I responded,
"Feeling extremely unbalanced."
To which she responded,
"Give it time."
Devoting so much of my life to the graduate program really did me in, spiritually. It's like I am a totally different person...and I kinda despise it. And so, I think baby steps will suffice. Getting back into a routine, slowly, of re-gaining a testimony, re-thinking the importance of the gospel, and re-connecting with Heavenly Father...not quite sure who He is anymore-and I'm sure He feels the same way about me.
So, that's how I'll rest & recover this summer...spiritually.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing. Reading your thoughts makes me realize that I need to get off my duff and do the same thing. I think we all should be doing this all of the time.

Have a great summer!