Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rest & Recover Days 3-6

Oops. I fell behind!
Catch up in my journal.
The last date in my journal was Oct. 11, 2008. And from there back, it gets pretty sporadic since June of 2006-when I started the graduate program. I've always been one to write about my life...but stresses got a hold of me, and my life totally got off balance.
It's time to do some catch up.
Get on a night schedule.
I think this is actually kinda funny...I feel like I need to get on a schedule like a baby is...because for 3 years I've stayed up late due to homework-because it was first priority. I don't think I even know what it's like to prepare for bed...read, pray, and of course-going to bed early.
It's time to change that.
Not have the summer blues.
Since I have been teaching, the first two weeks of summer are tremendously hard for me. I think because I am a major multi-tasker, and once the stresses of work are gone, I find it really hard to cope. I sit in my house for the first weeks depressed and totally lost. Not this summer. To combat this, I'm going to make a schedule for myself, but not overload myself too much that I stress out...
I think it's time for a priesthood blessing...
Eat right and exercise.
Nuff said. It's time to lose this weight and get healthy again-more healthy than I've ever been.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I like the last one. "eat right and exercise" I can't give up treats but I can run them off. We need to go running. A schedule is a good thing.

Pyatt said...

You are inspiring...you are doing lots of good things for yourself...and you should!! I love reading what you are going to focus on next!

Teresa Jordan said...

Karen, you should do the diet I'm doing. I'll have to tell you about it when I see you at the school next week. The BEST part is that I have been sleeping!!!! And you know that I am the biggest night owl ever. I can't say that I feel "GREAT" yet, because I've been exercising and I hurt all over. BUT...I ran a 5K on Saturday and ran the whole time without stopping. I've lost 15 lbs. in 4 weeks. Let's talk! PS> I am in THESIS HELL!

Lori said...

Good girl....its schedule time...cant wait til you are out of school. Lets get some stuff done!