Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Rest & Recover Day 1
I've been thinking about what is in store for me this summer break. And...drumroll...it's just days away. I can't believe we have only 7 school days left. It's been a great school year, and for me personally, a very triumphant year finishing my master's program. I can't wait to walk in August. I think I just might throw my cap higher than anyone there! So I have contemplated a move...just felt like it's what I needed to do. Ever since I moved here to PG, I've struggled to stay up spiritually...and I think it may have been due to feeling like I got lost in my first 'family ward'. It's been the hardest adjustment! But, after consideration, I think I'm stayin'. My friend Lori said, "Maybe you need to just stay then, to rest & recover after such a rough time with the thesis and that program". I believe her...and I think I finally feel at ease with it all. So, what will I do to rest & recover? I'm going to post the next 10 days consecutively of my thoughts on that...a little something every day until the last day of school. I'm going to go camping lots. On one of those trips, I am going to have a huge bonfire and burn every one of the million 100 page lame articles I had to read for my classes, but have kept because I felt I needed to...they're just taking up space!! Hee hee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would love to see that bonfire! Let's go camping!!
Hey, that sounds like fun! Can I come!!! So glad you are done with that!! Let's party this summer!!
A trip to Southern California would be really relaxing!:)
I am sooo happy that you are done! I'll bet that is the biggest accomplishment ever. I am very impressed. I don't think I could have ever done that. I totally want to see a picture of your bonfire. I miss your butt ! I love seeing your comments on our blog. I wish I lived closer to you. You are such an inspiration for me to keep going in school and not give up. Love you!
Post a Comment