Thursday, July 2, 2009

Double's trouble?

Looks like it's double knee scope surgery for me.
Ouch.
There goes my summer.
I went to the specialist today, and he showed me the xrays. Both knee caps have moved to the side about 1/2 inch! And the bottom and back of my knee caps, he said, look like shaggy carpet.
Yum! :(
The doctor said that for sure I needed both knees scoped, and they'd do them at the same time. On the bright side, he said the recovery wouldn't be long, and that he'll have me "fixed up in no time". He was very hopeful and sounded like things would be ok.
Here's hoping....July 13th.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh man! I'm sorry, Karen. Not fun to be cooped up in the summer time. But that's good that he was hopeful about the recovery and making sure everything would be just fine.

Carrie and Jeff said...

I hope you recovery quickly. It's so frustrating to have injuries. I've been lucky not to have any bad injures...knock on wood. The friend I work out with has had several though. You feel like you have to start all over again. It's so hard to lose all this weight, yet too easy for it to put it all back on. Buy lots of fruits and veggies to snack on...

Traci said...

that is a bummer and during summer time too!
good luck with everything and keep us posted!