Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Just Do It"

So I've been working out like mad for the past month...only to once again have my knees act up.
Tomorrow I go to the specialist to see if surgery is what I need...and yes, it's BOTH knees.
Many, many times I have set these fitness goals with high ambition and motivation to "just do it"...and then have had the frustration of injuries--and then I've had to stop doing whatever I was doing so I can heal. The 'fitness dreams' head down the toilet, and then months later I'm back to square one-with muscle atrophy, and more weight to lose, and then I head back up the fitness ladder once again, only to get injured once more.
Arg!
I hate it when bodies get old and don't work like they used to anymore.
Here's hoping for the best--I just really want to run again...and just really want to lose these yucky pounds and feel good again.
Darn it!

3 comments:

Pyatt said...

hang in there...try swimming...it's weightless and a GREAT workout!! Jill said we are going to try and get together with you and Joni and the bunch,...it would be great to see you all!

Shelley said...

Karen, I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel because the same thing happens to me--not with my knees but with my ankle. I haven't been on the treadmill in 3 weeks because of it. So it's like a rollercoaster all the time with the pounds. Hang in there, sis ...

KickButtMommy said...

I am so sorry. I hope your surgery went well.