Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My first surgery

I had double-knee surgery yesterday! I've never had surgery before and it kind of freaked me out! The doctor did a bilateral arthroscopy, a patella shave, and a release on my knee caps to move them back into place because they've both slid to the left 1/2 inch. Because of the release, he said my recovery time would be increased a bit. Ugh.
Here are some pictures of my day!
Filling out all the paperwork before I go in for the knife!
First time I've had an I.V....gosh that thing hurt! Coming out of Anesthesia-I was completely out of it! It is the weirdest thing to wake up and the last thing you remember is being on the bed and getting rolled into surgery! An hour and 1/2 had passed and it felt like a few minutes!
I am so lucky!!! I'm getting the royal treatment! Shari my sister is being my nurse and doing an awesome job! Here's to a quick recovery--I hope!!

6 comments:

Pyatt said...

Good luck...hope you have lots of movies and good books to catch up on...! Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks!

KickButtMommy said...

I am glad that Shari is taking good care of you!

Mary Ann said...

That stinks! I hope you recover quickly!!

The blogging Bakers said...

Oooh what a bummer, I am glad the surgery went well. It is nice to be pampered once in a while, too bad it is because of surgery. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hope to see you next month.

Traci said...

hope things are going smoothly for you! yeah for sisters to take care of you too! ok, that was such a bummer you had to turn your thesis in the same week as your surgery!!!
hang in there girl!

The Hunzikers said...

What a bummer!! I hate how knees are so weak. I have been having knee pain lately and have been so frustrated! I hope you recover very quickly. You are one of the only people I know that looks adorable in the hospital getup!!