Friday, July 17, 2009
One thing to 'yay' about!
You'd think with a knee scope, you'd just be 'in-and-out', but the pain doesn't really work like that. Especially both knees at the same time. I'm way sore...and just trying to cope. It's been difficult to have to rely upon people to get me here and there, to and fro. On top of it all, this was the week that I had to have the finality's of my thesis finished up, so there I was, not even 24 hours after surgery, doped up on pain meds-sitting in the deans office in a wheelchair going over last minute corrections before taking it to the library. Not good timing whatsoever. The emotional breakdown in front of my graduate chair and the dean didn't make a good impression. I guess that's what pain meds do to ya. It's been a rough week, but hopefully I can do some stairs tomorrow, and head home...where I may be confined to for quite some time until I can master going up and down that set of stairs daily. I sure hope this is all worth it...but one thing I can say for sure...I am completely finished talking about my thesis--for it is submitted to the library, paid for, and being bound as I speak. It is finished. That's one thing to 'yay' about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What do you think about a quick visit and I bring you something to eat?
I will keep my monkeys under control and we will be masters at a quick hello-since that is how we re-connected anyway?!
If that is too much right now I understand and I can try again next week!
Let me know either way!
And yay for that darn thesis!
That is a HUGE thing to YAY about!! Good for you and here's to a speedy recovery!!
Good job! Definitely a YAY!!! I'm so sorry about everything else. Wish I could be there to help you out! You are amazing.
Hang in there. Things can only get better!
Post a Comment