Friday, July 24, 2009

Kneeling

Up until the last 8 months or so, I didn't think that kneeling was such a big deal when you prayed.
Of course, I knew that it should be done to show respect to God when you pray, but I just didn't notice what it did for MY prayers. Since struggling the past 3 years with my knees, and more recently and intensely the last 8 months, I've come to realize the importance of kneeling.
I stopped kneeling-because I couldn't...8 months ago. Since then...my prayers have almost been sparse. I wondered why I wasn't praying...and why I have felt a loss of the Spirit. And then I realized how short and insincere my prayers have become (because they have been done lying on my back in my bed-if at all). And then I realized how just at the time I stopped kneeling, my prayers became less and less...and that maybe that is why I have felt this way.
And so, I've come to the conclusion, that kneeling when you pray is not only respectful, but for me--it helps me to focus, be more sincere, and have more of a meaningful conversation with God.
I can't wait to be able to kneel again--whenever this recovery gets better for me!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I needed this post. Thank you.

The Birds said...

Thanks for this! I needed it!

Pyatt said...

You are so right...even if we don't have knee pain sometimes we get lazy about how we pray...thanks for the great reminder...email us your number so we can all get together next week! We get to Utah on the 1st!

Shannon said...

I'm so guilty of not praying on my knees. You don't realize the impact in can have on your spirituality. Thanks for posting this. I needed it.

Tina said...

I've never thought about how important kneeling is when you pray. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful. I appreciate it! That stinks you have to pay $550 bucks! I'll kick their trash if you would like...

Julie said...

I hope your knees are doing better. You need to get better so maybe we can run a little together. I miss that the few times we did it. You and me run about the same pace. Love ya